ANNOUNCING SUMMER GRIEF CAMPS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS!
The Grief Center of Southwest Colorado is pleased to be offering summer grief camps for children and teens who have lost a loved one to death. Grief camps are a fun way to meet others who have experienced a significant loss, participate in nature and art activities, and process grief in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
Camps will be conducted in a safe way that meet the guidelines of both the county and American Counseling Association, facilitated by grief therapists and volunteers.
Dates will be determined based on what serves the largest number of participants. We plan to offer camps in both La Plata and Montezuma counties, and transportation may be provided as needed.
For more information, please contact Judy at 970-764-7142, firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our website.
ONGOING THERAPEUTIC GROUPS
1) Bereaved Parents Group -- a closed group for parents who have lost children to death
2) Bereaved Children’s and Families Group -- closed groups for bereaved families with children
3) Bereaved Pre-teens and Teens Groups -- closed groups for bereaved pre-teens and teens with loss of significant family members
Please contact Judy for more information at 970-764-7142. Meeting times and dates will be determined by the group; group format will be designed specifically for those participating.
**PEER SUPPORT GROUPS**
1) Grief Recovery After Substance Passing (GRASP): Contact DeAnne for more info (314)443-0445
2) Heartbeat: Survivors After Suicide: Contact Judy for more info (970)764-7142